Friday, March 23, 2012

Reading Poetry of Poets Who Will Be at the Festival

One of my favorite things to do is to re-read works of some of my favorite authors who will be reading at the RMWF. It gets me even more in the mood for it. Both Marshall Public Library and Oboler Library at Idaho State University have a lot of books by Pocatello authors. And don't forget Walrus and Carpenter Bookstore in downtown Pocatello as a source of books by festival authors. And thanks to Will Peterson for organizing the festival!

In random stream of consciousness order, here are some of the authors I know I can find books by: Harald Wyndham, Leslie Leek, Margaret Aho, Dough Airmet, Will Peterson, Michael Corrigan, Joan Juskie, Carlen Donovan, and many other Pocatello Blend authors. sorry for all the people I'm leaving out--there are so many. Ask at the public library circulation desk about a copy of the Pocatello authors, fiction and nonfiction, that Ramona compiled.

And to me it wouldn't be complete if I didn't also look for some poetry by my two favorite departed Pocatello authors: Ford Swetnam and Bruce Embree. So many memories of the past 21 years of writer's festivals....

Harald Wyndham is working on a history of Rocky Mountain Writer's Fest. Hopefully we'll hear more about it at the festival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home